Supermarket Assistant job in london 2022
Supermarket Assistant job in london 2022
£11.50 – £12.75 an hour
Full Job Description
Due to working time regulations, applicants must be 18 years or over to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Waitrose & Partners is all about enriched experiences and that goes for our people – our Partners – as much as our customers. We want you to enjoy your work and share your passion for food with our customers. So we’ll train you, treat you respectfully and then reward you by giving you a share in the profits, for pulling it all together and being part of our success.
We are looking for someone who keeps up to date on food and drink trends, knows our products, takes pride in whatever they do, carrying out everything to the highest standards, making sure the shop floor is shipshape, ready for when our customers arrive. Whether they are shopping for a healthy lunch, a top up on fresh fruit and veg, the weekly shop or a special occasion, we want every customer to enjoy their shopping experience, confident in our products and confident in our Partners.
The role of a supermarket assistant involves a range of tasks, including advising and serving customers, moving and replenishing stock, carrying out housekeeping activities and handling cash and card transactions according to set procedures. Partners may be expected to work in any area of the branch to support the wider team as required, and to maintain the necessary business dress and hygiene standards.
As a Partner you will enjoy our unique benefits package, including staff discount, subsidised food in Partner dining rooms, discounts in local restaurants, subsidised learning, access to exclusive Partnership hotels and so much more.
Free on-shift meals in the Partner Dining room (October-December only).
Please consider the following when making your application:
- We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply early
- Print off the job description now if you require it
Full Job Description
If the shifts for this role cover hours earlier than 6am or later than 11pm, you will need to be at least 18 years of age.
Please note in addition to the advertised hourly rate, a further £2.45 nightshift premium is paid for every hour worked between midnight – 5am (where applicable).
Since opening our first shop in 1869, we’ve made a lot of Christmases merry and bright. Over the last 150 years, our food and drink offer might have changed, but our passion for outstanding customer service remains just as strong. You’ll be joining the team at our busiest time of the year and helping us to continue our tradition of creating fantastic experiences for millions of customers.
Whilst many of our roles will be temporary over the festive period, there may also be permanent opportunities available – please check the contract type and hours before applying to ensure that the role is right for you.
Like making people’s lives easier? Then you’ll love completing our customers’ online orders, as one of our Online Assistants. This is a hands-on job where you’ll make things happen at pace.
Simply, it will be down to you to ensure that every customer order runs as smoothly and easily as possible, whether you’re working behind the scenes or picking the products on the shop floor. From the second our shoppers click the order button on our website, to the moment their shopping is loaded onto our delivery vehicles, you’ll take pride in creating the Sainsbury’s experiences that really wow our customers, making sure they keep clicking back to us.
As an Online Assistant your role could be on the shop floor, picking our customers’ orders and taking real care in selecting the best quality produce, as if you were shopping for yourself. Putting each order together, you’ll give customers exactly what they’ve asked for. And if we’ve sold out of anything, you’ll choose a replacement that’s the closest match to ensure our customers are never disappointed.
Or you could take on one of our more general roles, getting savvy with the various tech systems we use to make sure all our online orders arrive on time and in great condition. You’ll be speaking to customers over the phone, putting the orders through the tills, and even working with our online Drivers to load their vans so they’re ready to deliver to our customers, working and winning as one team.
Whichever area you’re working in, crucially like us, you believe in doing the right thing for customers, every time. So, you’ll take plenty of pride in doing these important jobs well. A keen attention to detail and passion for great customer service is really important. You’ll be open to learning how to operate new technology and comfortable using our handsets on the job, too. You’ll also need to be comfortable lifting and moving shopping containers weighing up to 15kg.
Alongside a market leading rate of pay, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Discount card – provided after 4 weeks that gives you 10% on most items in Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat. Discount is increased at Sainsbury’s to 15% every pay day for five days plus 15% at Argos on selected weekends during the year.
- Additional benefits for Christmas 2022 – to support our colleagues this Christmas, once you have 4 weeks’ service, we will uplift your Sainsbury’s discount to 15% at Sainsbury’s from mid-November through to January 2023. Argos discount will increase to 15% for one day every payday Friday until Christmas. Plus, all of our stores will be providing free food and hot drinks for Colleagues working over the festive period.
- Generous holiday entitlement – based on the hours you work.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to save directly from your pay to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares each time you are paid to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to Unmind (a mental wellbeing app) and our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing emotional support, practical information and guidance on a wide range of topics, such as legal information, financial information and short-term counselling.
- Colleague networks – a range of internal networks that create an environment where every single colleague can be themselves and fulfil their potential.
- Cycle to work scheme – hire a bike and accessories, saving on tax and national insurance.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.